Who's Hand Are You In?


Into Your hand I commit my spirit; You have ransomed me, O Lord, God of truth...You have not given me over into the hand of the enemy; You have set my feet in a large place...As for me, I trust in You, O Lord, I say, "You are my God." My times are in Your hand; deliver me from the hand of my enemies and from those who persecute me. - Psalm 31:5, 8, 15-16

Who's hand are you in? The choice is yours. No matter what's happening in your life right now, now matter how hard things seem to be, you and I can make the choice to put ourselves in the hand of God.

What Is the Hand of God?

The "hand" of God is acknowledging His control and will over our lives rather than the enemy's. "Hand" as used in the above Psalm is a metaphor for "control". So, you and I are either in the hand/control of God, or in the hand/control of the enemy. When we entrust our lives into God's hand/control we are no longer in the enemy's hand/control. Remember something very important in your times of trouble: Biblical truth says that our God is a God of Providence and Sovereignty. He controls all things, is over all things, and no one, nothing, can change that. He has an eternal plan for our lives and often times uses pain to bring about that good plan.

"In Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them." - Psalm 139:16

"...Having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will." - Ephesians 1:11

It is the child of God's responsibility to acknowledge this, remember this, and trust in this, especially when things get hard. It is our job to put ourselves into the hand of God in the sense of recognizing He is in control and resting in His Providential plan for our lives. Then, and only then, is the enemy defeated.

"Be still and know I am God..." - Psalm 46:10

Two Areas to Commit into God's Hand

Notice Psalm 31 at the top of this post again. There are two areas of our lives that we can commit to God's hand. First, "Into your hand I commit my spirit" (vs. 5); and then, "my times are in your hand." (vs. 15)

If you are in trouble right now, if you are desperate, if you are experiencing fears, worries, troubles, or cares, the first step is to put yourself and all your cares into God's hand inwardly (i.e, "Into your hand I commit my spirit"). That is to say, commit your inner most being to God. Acknowledge Him as your soul's comfort and He will give you rest for your soul. He will give you peace which is beyond comprehension.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7

The second step is to put yourself and all your cares into God's hand outwardly (i.e, "my times are in your hand"). What this means is to commit all your physical circumstances to God. Let Him do His will with all that is happening in your life right now. He will lift you up and restore you at just the right time. Remember, He cares about you and I more than we or anyone else does.

"Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you... After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you. To Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen." - 1 Peter 5:6, 10-11

In Closing

Who's hand are your inward and outward struggles in? When we put ourselves into God's hand spiritually and physically we are no longer in the hand/control of our enemy (i.e, Satan) or ourselves. Read Psalm 31 above once more and see if you don't get that from these verses.

No matter where you are right now, put yourself, your life, and your circumstances into the hand of God; this is the safest place you can be. And He "Himself will perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you. To Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen."

Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...